Join us for a virtual town hall on Wednesday, September 20th at 7pm-8pm on Zoom. We’ll examine Ontario’s social assistance system & what needs to change!
Register Here: Meeting Registration – Zoom
- Dr. Peter Graefe, McMaster University: Research report on The Effects of COVID-19 on recipients of ODSP
- Dr. Nadeem Akhtar, Psychiatrist, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University
- Monique Taylor, MPP Hamilton Mountain: Critic for Ministry of Children, Community, and Social Services
- Denise Davy, Author of “Her name was Margaret: Life and death on the streets”. Published 2021
- Sara Mayo, Social Planning and Research Council of Hamilton: Inadequacy of the Personal Needs Allowance
- Laura Cattari, Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction: The Canadian Disability Benefit
- Tamra Smith, Lived experience with OW and ODSP: “It could happen to you!”
- ACORN Hamilton
Event Co-hosts will be Sandy Shaw, MPP West Hamilton, Dundas, & Ancaster and Tom Cooper, Director, Hamilton Roundtable for Poverty Reduction.